Tattoo & Body Piercing Insurance
We’ve Got Your Policy Down To A Fine Art
Tattooist insurance and body piercing insurance packages, including tailored professional liability and full negligence cover for licensed tattooists.
When it comes to body art businesses, we have got you covered. Our bespoke insurance policy for tattoo and body piercing businesses starts at €730 annually.
Whether you operate from shared premises, from your own studio or from home, we have the perfect policy to safeguard your tattoo business or body piercing business in Ireland.
• Insurance starts at €730 per annum
• Cover for up to 3 Tattoo Artists/Body Piercers
• Malpractice Cover – €250,000
• Public Liability Cover – up to €1,000,000
• Cover for apprentices can be included
• Specialist loss adjusters to deal with claims
Tattooist Insurance — Tailored To You
Treatment risk tattooist insurance
In today’s no-win, no-fee world, it’s easy for a client to make a claim against you. Even if you are proven to be not at fault, it can be a costly business to get to that decision. Treatment risk insurance protects you if a client claims an injury or infection against you. It covers your legal fees to defend your case and any compensation awarded.
Public liability tattooist insurance
Going under the needle may have its risks, but don’t forget your clients are also at risk of injury simply by tripping over something or slipping on a wet floor in your studio. If they hurt themselves or their property is damaged in some way by something to do with your business, they can sue you for damages. Public liability insurance covers your legal fees for these claims against you.
Other insurance options to protect your tattoo shop business
Taking out cover to protect you from potential legal proceedings is only one part of your tattoo shop insurance. We can build you a bespoke package to suit every need of your business. This could include:
• Employer’s liability insurance. This is a legal requirement if you employ any members of staff, even if they only work part-time.
• Business premises insurance. This covers you for any damage to your business premises through fire, flood, vandalism etc.
• Equipment insurance. This cover gives you peace of mind that you can go out and replace any equipment quickly. For peace of mind, your business can continue trading.
• Personal injury cover. This pays out if you suffer an accident that prevents you from working for a period of time.
Body Piercing Insurance
With over 20 years of experience, BMIB understands the insurance needs of body piercing artists. Whether you own a studio, are self-employed, rent a space in a mobile capacity, or you are working at a convention, BMIB will find an insurance policy to suit your requirements.
As well as loss or damage to your equipment (contents insurance) and the liability to the public when they arrange treatment at your studio or a convention (public liability insurance), any injury caused to your clients when you pierce them, or an infection which occurs later (treatment risk insurance), BMIB can provide the insurance cover to protect you. Our wealth of experience and knowledge in the body modification sector means we’ve got your insurance cover down to a fine art.