I have a diploma/certificate in my chosen field, I am continuing my study in the same field – can I get insurance for my case work?2019-12-18T16:34:10+00:00

Yes. We can provide student cover for case work.

I have an ITEC training course in make-up but have no qualifications as a Beauty Therapist – can I get insurance for my make-up services?2019-12-18T16:34:46+00:00

Yes. We can provide cover for make-up artistry as a standalone qualification.

I am looking for insurance as a nail technician, can I get cover through BMIB Ltd?2019-12-18T16:36:29+00:00

If you hold an ITEC/CIBTAC/QQI/VTCT manicure/pedicure qualification, we can provide cover. If you do not hold an ITEC/CIBTAC/QQI/VTCT manicure/pedicure, we cannot provide cover. You can check out our insurance policies for nail technicians here.

I am qualified and registered nurse/doctor in Ireland – can I get insurance to perform dermal fillers/botox injections?2019-12-18T16:36:48+00:00

Yes. Once you are medically qualified, we can provide cover for Dermal Fillers/Botox.

I am freelance/mobile beautician/holistic therapist – will my insurance cover my work in UK and other countries?2019-12-18T16:37:09+00:00

Yes. Our policies provide worldwide cover excluding Canada and the USA.

I run a training school for beauty/hair/complementary therapies – can I get insurance for teaching?2019-12-18T16:37:28+00:00

Yes. We cover training schools/freelance trainers and third party trainers.

I obtained my qualifications abroad – can I get insurance for my work as beautician/ complementary therapist in Ireland?2019-12-18T16:37:49+00:00

Yes. All qualification certificates must be officially translated in order to assess what cover can be offered. In some cases a translated transcript of the qualification may be requested.

I have treatment cover in place but I would like to protect my contents and my stock in my salon – can I get salon cover through BMIB Ltd?2019-12-18T16:38:22+00:00

Yes. We provide cover for contents, stock, money, employees etc., either in a combined or additional policy.

I am renting a commercial unit for my salon and I made improvements to the room/rooms – can I get insurance for that?2019-12-18T16:38:42+00:00

Yes. We can insure improvements made to the unit under the tenant’s improvements aspect of a combined/additional salon policy.

Can I provide beauty treatments to the clients under 16 years of age?2019-12-18T16:39:04+00:00

Yes, we cover the following list of specified treatments to a minor aged under 16 and above the age of 13 years, subject to the Parent/s or Guardian/s being present and their prior written consent being obtained. Specified treatments that may be covered for ages 13yrs and above are:
Waxing excluding advanced or specialised waxing, Spray tan, Manicure, Pedicure and Facials

Why do I need public liability cover for my salon?2019-12-18T16:39:24+00:00

Public liability covers slip, trips and falls for any member of the general public visiting you salon.

Does your treatment policy covers product liability?2019-12-18T16:39:49+00:00

Yes. The treatment risk policy provides cover for product liability. This covers the mis-use and mis-sale of products.

I received in-salon training – can I get insurance?2019-12-18T16:40:11+00:00

No. We do not provide cover for in-house salon training.

Will your policy cover me in the event of Brexit?2019-12-18T16:40:36+00:00

Yes. We are fully Brexit compliant.

I am qualified hairdresser but I am not sure what qualifications are accepted by BMIB Ltd – can I get insurance as a freelance hairdresser?2019-12-18T16:41:00+00:00

We provide cover for hairdressers and freelance hairdressers as long as they hold a training cert from QQI/FETEC/VTCT/City & Guilds.

I have a hairdressing salon – can I get treatment cover and salon cover through BMIB Ltd?2019-12-18T16:51:47+00:00

Yes. We can provide cover for hairdressing treatments along with contents, stock, money, employees under a combined salon policy.

Do you cover fitness instructors?2019-12-18T16:52:28+00:00

We do cover fitness instructors, apply for insurance here.

What records of my clients do I need to keep and for how long?2019-12-18T16:53:03+00:00

You need to keep a record of all client consultation/consent forms, patch tests, photographs and notes for a period of 5 years.

I may have possible claim occurring – what do I need to do?2019-12-18T16:53:30+00:00

You need to inform Brian Mullins Insurance Brokers as soon as you are aware of any incident that may give rise to a claim. You will be asked to submit all consultation forms, patch tests, photographs, client notes and training certs for assessment.

I need an indemnity letter how do I get one?2019-12-18T16:53:58+00:00

All indemnity letter requests must be emailed to our office with the name and address of the indemnified body.

I know my renewal is coming up soon, what do I do?2019-12-18T16:55:42+00:00

You will receive an email from policy@bmib.ie 30 days before your renewal is due, please follow the instructions in the email in order to renew the policy.

I received my renewal by email can I call and renew the policy over the phone?2019-12-18T16:56:19+00:00

No. All renewals sent by email must be renewed via the web system.

I have done additional training, how do I update my policy?2019-12-18T16:57:07+00:00

Please email the request to katie@bmib.ie / agata@bmib.ie

I have hired a new employee, how do I update my policy?2019-12-18T16:58:08+00:00

Please email the request to katie@bmib.ie / agata@bmib.ie

How much does it cost?2021-04-27T12:18:47+00:00

€250.00 inclusive of 5% government levy and €10.00 brokerage fee.

Am I eligible for this policy?2021-04-27T12:20:24+00:00

In order to apply for this policy, you must hold the appropriate qualification to carry out the treatments/activities you request cover for.

What are the cancellation terms?2021-04-27T12:20:34+00:00

You will have a right to cancel within a short period, up to 30 days from inception, known as the cooling off period.

If you cancel within the 30-day cooling off period they may receive a pro-rata refund of premium from the insurer.

If you wish to cancel outside this period they will not receive any pro rata refund.

How do I apply?2021-04-27T12:20:46+00:00

To apply for cover click the below link.

Once completed, you can then proceed to our check-out and purchase your policy on-line and receive your policy documents electronically.


Full List Of Covered Treatments2021-04-27T16:38:42+00:00
  • Acupressure /Acupuncture
  • Addiction Therapy/Counselling
  • Amatsu
  • Angel Therapy/Healing
  • Antenatal Education
  • Aromatherapy
  • Art/ Music / Drama Therapy
  • Auricular Acupuncture
  • Bach and Australian Bush Flower Remedies
  • Bio-Energy Therapy
  • Bowen Technique
  • Child, Adolescent and Family Therapy
  • Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
  • Colour Therapy
  • Counselling
  • Craniosacral Therapy
  • Crystal healing/therapy
  • Diet and Nutrition Advice
  • Dry/Cold/Vacuum Cupping
  • EMDR
  • Emotional Freedom Techniques
  • Holistic Facial
  • Homeopathy
  • Hypnobirthing
  • Hypnotherapy
  • IBCLC Lactation Consultant
  • Indian Head Massage
  • Infant Massage Instructor
  • Integrated Energy Therapy
  • Kinesio Taping
  • Kinesiology
  • Life and Business Coaching / Consultancy
  • Massage – Holistic/Swedish/Pregnancy/
  • Lomi Lomi/Onsite/Oncology/Deep Tissue/Hot Stone
  • Manual Lymph Drainage
  • Mediation
  • Meditation/Meditation Teaching
  • Mentoring/Coaching/Supervision
  • Metamorphic Technique
  • Mindfulness
  • Myofascial Release (PG)
  • Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
  • Pilates (mat work only)
  • Psychotherapy
  • Rahanni Celestial Healing
  • Reflexology – Toddlers & babies/Pregnancy/Antenatal/Oncology
  • Reiki/Seichem
  • Shiatsu
  • Sound Healing/Therapy
  • Sports Massage/ Taping/ Strapping
  • Stress Management
  • Tai Chi /Qigong (Non-Combat)
  • The ‘M’ Technique
  • Thermo-Auricular Therapy / Ear Candling
  • Traditional Chinese Herbal Medicine
  • Yoga Teaching/Therapy
I have a trainee working alongside me, is he covered under this policy?2021-07-16T11:43:41+00:00

If you have purchased a policy on our online system then all therapists must be listed on your policy or they are not covered. Trainee’s or unqualified therapists cannot be added to the policy.

Can I cancel my insurance at any time?2021-07-16T11:44:16+00:00

All insurance policies differ in regards to cancellation. If you buy our cover online you will have a 30 day cooling off period. If you cancel after 30 days you may still cancel your policy however there will be no refund offered by the Insurers.

Is my stock covered?2021-07-16T11:44:34+00:00

If you have purchased a policy through our online system your stock/contents will not be covered. We do provide this type of cover. Please call our office to discuss your options.

Is Parrafin wax manicures and pedicures covered?2021-07-16T20:59:14+00:00

As long as you hold a qualification for Paraffin Wax treatments we can provide cover.

If Paraffin Wax treatments were covered under the Manicure & Pedicure qualification we will also provide cover.

I am not ITEC qualified, can I get cover?2021-07-16T21:01:36+00:00

Unfortunately you can’t purchase your policy online with us but you can call our office on 0719141030 to discuss alternative options.

Does this insurance cover me to teach?2021-07-16T21:08:29+00:00

None of our policies cover teaching/tutoring unless it is specifically noted on your certificate. If you need cover for teaching please call/email our office to discuss your options.

I am self-taught, can I get cover?2021-07-16T21:08:53+00:00

Unfortunately, not via our on-line portal. Please call our office to discuss our alternative insurance options.

Is my kit covered?2021-07-16T21:09:35+00:00

If you have purchased a policy through our online system your kit will not be covered. We do provide this type of cover. Please call our office to discuss your options.

Are apprenticeships accepted on this policy?2021-07-16T21:18:13+00:00

No. If you do not hold an ITEC/VTCT/City &Guilds or equivalent qualification you cannot purchase our online policy. Please call our office to discuss our alternative insurance options.

Why Do I Need Aesthetic Insurance?2023-08-25T21:47:04+00:00

It’s no secret that aesthetic treatments come with some level of risk. So, it’s important to protect you and your clients if something unexpected happens. The right coverage can help your business stay strong in tough times. Having an aesthetic policy in place with Brian Mullins Insurance Brokers will ensure your business, reputation and assets are protected.

What Does Aesthetic Insurance Cover?2023-08-25T21:47:27+00:00

Brian Mullins Insurance Broker offers flexible coverage that fits your business. Depending on what you need, we can create a policy that works for you. Since there are many risks in the beauty and cosmetic industry, the right insurance is important. Aesthetic Treatment insurance can cover things like:

  • Coverage for mistakes and accidents
  • Protecting against claims
  • Keeping your business secrets safe
  • Cybersecurity and data protection
  • Making sure your business can continue
  • Personal injury coverage
  • Insurance for your things
How can I qualify for Laser Treatment Insurance?2024-04-09T10:14:41+00:00

To be eligible for a Laser Insurance, you must comply with our terms and conditions. Contact BMIB Insurance to see if you’re eligible.

How much does Laser Treatment Insurance cover?2024-04-09T10:15:11+00:00

Laser Insurance covers Professional Indemnity, Public Liability and Products Liability subject to BMIB’s Terms and Conditions.

Do you provide complete salon coverage, to include Laser Treatments?2024-04-09T10:15:53+00:00

Yes, we provide comprehensive coverage for salons and their staff, ensuring protection for a wide range of services. Whether you own a salon offering diverse treatments or are an employee, our insurance safeguards you.

Can I add additional tattoo artist to the policy?2023-10-02T16:36:35+00:00

Additional artists can be added to the policy for an additional premium, please call our office to discuss your options.

Does the policy cover me to work at different locations?2023-10-02T16:36:54+00:00

The policy is mobile and will cover you to work at different locations as long as the premises if fit for the purpose of tattoo and piercing.

How much cover does the policy provide?2023-10-06T08:15:15+00:00

The policy covers up to €1,000,000 in Malpractice & Professional Indemnity, Public Liability and Products Liability.

Go to Top